“We experience authentic, biblical fellowship NOT on Sundays when we worship with the ‘crowd’ but when we connect with each other in ‘community.’” (Scott Corwin)
- Women’s Group, Bleck/Pohl: IBCB (10:00-12:00 h)
- Men’s Group, Stedtnitz: Haus Nazareth (19:00-20:30 h)
- Women’s Group (Portuguese), Cruz/Queiroz: Prenzlauer Berg (13:00 – 15:00 h)
- Couples Group, Lehmann: Zehlendorf (19:00 – 21:00 h)
- Mixed Group, Corwin: Savignyplatz (19:30-21:00 h)
- Friday Night Group, Bitner: Haus Nazareth (19:30 h)
- Mixed Group (Portuguese), Cruz, Prenzlauer Berg (19:00 h)
- Mixed Group (English), Cruz/Boeckel, Prenzlauer Berg (19:00 h)
According to the biblical model of church structure and our church constitution the pastor is initiating the deacon appointment process. Following the biblical model of Acts 6:1-7 and the qualifications of deacons in 1 Tim. 3:8-13, IBCB will appoint new deacons to assist the pastor and leaders in the pastoral care ministry of the church.
So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”
1 Tim. 3:8-12
Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons. In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything. A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well.
At IBCB, we have concluded that these biblical principles can be summarized in the following ways that guide our selection and appointment of deacons:
• Deacons, distinguished by their character and qualifications, serve in practical/caring ministries according to abilities/giftedness.
• The congregation nominates qualified and gifted persons who are interviewed by the leaders/deacons and installed by the congregation.
• Biblically qualified persons male or female may serve as deacons (1 Tim. 3:8-13)
• Deacons will be trained for deacon CARE ministry (30 minutes/week); deacons will meet monthly (2 hours/month) to pray and plan.
“God is moving at IBCB and as we move forward, we must have a strong, faithful prayer base.” Pastor Scott
Are you one of the 10% of Christians with a ministry of prayer? You know who you are — a person that loves to intercede for certain concerns over prolonged periods of time, and in the process have experience how God actually answers prayer! If so, you need to be a part of IBCB’s prayer ministry.
Starting in January, Pastor Scott with the help of Andrei Dinu is restarting a Pastor’s Prayer Partners Ministry. Here’s what is expected of you:
- Weekly: Pray for our pastors, leaders, and church on your assigned day
- Monthly: Join the Sunday morning prayer group to prayer walk our facility
- Quarterly: Participate in at least one 1st Friday Prayer Night
- Bi-Annually: Attend the Prayer Breakfast & Day of Prayer Retreat
Please, contact the church office for more information, sign up at the Connect Point to attend the kick-off, orientation Prayer Breakfast meeting on 15 Jan. 2017 at 10:30 h.
“And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.” Matthew 10:42 (NIV)
Here’s where you can “spend less” and help a person in need this Christmas. If every adult in worship gives 20€, IBC Berlin could provide water for 33 people for an entire year!
Thanks for your generosity and making a difference.