An integral part of our six-weeks experience takes place in small groups. During worship we inspire through instruction; in small groups we implement the truths through involvement. I encourage you to “get connected” to a small group during these next weeks to get the most out of our “What On Earth Am I Here For?” campaign.
Look through the list of existing groups below. Identify a day, location, or life stage that fits your schedule. Email email@example.com or call the church office, tell us which group you want to connect with and we’ll get you connected with the group.
If you don’t find a group that fits your schedule … start your own! Go through the study with your spouse or a couple of friends. Pick up a study guide, ask for a link to the video sessions, and get started! We’ll offer you support and encouragement on your small group journey!
Here are our existing groups:
- Sundays, 15:00-16:30 h @ IBCB (Kirschstein)
- Mondays, Men’s Group, 19:00-21:00 h @ Steglitz-Haus Nazareth (Stednitz)
- Tuesdays, 19:00-21:00 h @ Schmargendorf (Magiera)
- Tuesdays, 19:15-21:15 h @ Weißensee (Steenburgen)
- Wednesdays, 19:00-20:30 h @ Savignyplatz (Corwin)
- Wednesdays, 19:00-21:00 h @ Steglitz (Ebert/Lehmann)
- Thursdays, 19:00-21:00 h @ Zehlendorf (Kirner)
- Fridays, 19:00-21:00 h @ Lichtenberg (Lima)
- Fridays, 19:00-20:30 h @ Frankfurter Tor (Ogu)
- Saturdays, 19:00-21:00 h @ Steglitz-Haus Nazareth (Perla)
- ?, 19:00-21:00 h @ Steglitz (Zivic)
- ?, 19:00-21:00 h @ Schöneberg (Gallasch)
The following is one attempt to helps us identify ourselves. Are these true of us? Why? Why not? Do we have consensus? Are we in alignment?
Our Kingdom Concept: IBCB exists to glorify God and make disciple-making followers of Jesus Christ by multiplying relational connections between people and God’s purpose in Jesus, the church, and God’s world.
Tagline: Get Connected!
Slogan: Connecting people to Jesus, one another, and God’s world!
- Cross — Jesus Christ is central to our life together.
- Community — Our diversity in unity shows itself in our love for one another.
- Commission — Sharing Jesus’ love with God’s world is our service of worship.
In response to our ReFresh: Higher ‘n Higher strategic study, IBCB’s leaders are recommending to the church a change in job description and increase in hours for Jürgen Ferrary. During the next few weeks, you will see survey results and read a number of articles that have led to this recommendation. In addition, you will have opportunity to participate in a number of “church family conversations” designed to help us find consensus regarding God’s will in the matter for our life together in IBCB.
Important Dates for Your Agenda:
- June: Church Family Conversation (After Worship, 14:00 h)
- July: Church Family Business Meeting (After Worship, 14:00 h)
IBCB’s leaders are proposing that we change Jürgen’s job description* and hire him as “Connections Pastor.” Why are we making this recommendation? How did we get to this point?
*Currently Jürgen is hired (450€ job) as pastoral support for our 15:00 h service)
a) Last year’s strategic analysis – conducted by the Leaders Council and aided by a congregational survey – yielded four strategic areas of priority and four key-areas of need.
- Improve Worship Services
- Events Planning (Connecting with the Community and Congregation to One Another)
- Assimilation (Connecting Newcomers and Congregation to Our Church)
- Improve Small Group Ministry
b) Assigning the task of “Connections” to Jürgen addresses two of these strategic areas:
- Reaching new members – connecting with community and bringing into our “crowd” (i.e. marketing, evangelism, events, etc.)
- Onboarding new members – assimilating “crowd” into “congregation” (i.e. welcome process, commitment to Christ, membership in church, belonging to small group, etc.)
c) A second staff pastor is necessary to take us to the next level as a church:
- Church health experts (Charles Arn) suggests that a “Growing Church” will have at least 1 full-time pastor and 2 part-time support staff for every 150 church participants.
- We have reached the thresh-hold of “150” and need to re-tool our support staff* by expanding and restructuring Jürgen’s job description to meet our needs.
*The Staff Relations Committee has taken up the recommendation from the floor in our last business meeting to consider the issue of hiring a “worship leader.”