Join our pastors (Scott and Jürgen) and members of our Welcome Team for a “Newcomers Brunch” where we will share a simple, informal coffee and “brötchen” together. There’s no cost, and your children are welcome, too.
We’ll take some time to get to know each other, share our stories, and enjoy some time together. We will answer any questions you may have about IBCB, and we’ll share with you how to take the next step on your journey of connecting with IBCB.
To register, sign up at our Connect Point on Sundays, email us — admin(at)ibcberlin.org, call our church office — 030 7621 8155, scan this QR code, or click here.
Newcomer Brunch (2016)
Saturday 21. May, 10:00-12:00 h
Saturday 16. July, 10:00-12:00 h
Saturday 17. September, 10:00-12:00 h
Saturday 19. November, 10:00-12:00 h
On Sunday 1. November, IBCB met in a church family meeting to discuss and vote on a recommendation to increase the responsibilities, hours, and pay for Jürgen Ferrary, our Pastor/Outreach and Evangelism. After an extended discussion the church voted 64% (yes) to 36% (no) in favor of the recommendation.
In response to a question from the floor, I mistakenly applied a 75% requirement for passing a recommendation of this type and announced to the church that the recommendation DID NOT PASS. In reality, our constitution requires only a simple majority though in ALL matters we seek to arrive at God-inspired consensus.
I approached the Ministry Council with the problem and we discussed the issue, asked questions of procedure and law, talked about our opinions, and shared our concerns. After a two and a half hour meeting on Sunday 8. November, the Ministry Council arrived at an agreed upon unanimous consensus on the following:
- The simple majority requirement applies in this case and the church vote achieved consensus
- The recommendation to increase Jürgen’s responsibilities, hours, and pay passes.
- Jürgen will start with his new responsibilities in Jan 2016
- For the sake of unity in our church we agreed to
- Wholeheartedly support Jürgen as our Associate Pastor
- Address concerns of communication and accountability
- Work together in love for the good of God’s Kingdom
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of the following Ministry Council members who participated in this past week’s discussion: Scott Corwin, Jeff Magiera, Klaus Ziegler, Faith Mwalubunju, Kasub Wibawa, Heide John, Piet Conradie, Thorsten John, Rejane Conradie, Kim Bleck, Ayanna Edwards, Charity Ekenobaye, Mathias Lehmann, and Laurie Corwin.
For the sake of our church and for the sake of God’s Kingdom, I ask that now we submit to one another in love and move forward hand-in-hand toward God’s purpose for our church.
Leaders Council: email@example.com
“Spiritual Oversight & Strategic Initiative”
- Scott Corwin, Lead Pastor: scott(at)ibcberlin.org 0176 4923 8658
- Jürgen Ferrary, Pastor Outreach & Evangelism: juergen(at)ibcberlin.org 0160 9490 6405
- Jeff Magiera, Gemeindeleiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Klaus Ziegler, Emeritus
Deacons Council: email@example.com
“Pastoral Care & Practical Ministry”
- Lucas Ebert, Praise Team
- Faith Mwalubunju, Prayer Team
- Kasub Wibawa, Ordinance Team
“Coordinate & Calendar Ministry”
- Ayanna Edwards, Kids Team
- Charity Ekenobaye, Hosts Team
Staff Relations Committee
- Kim Bleck
- Rejane Conradie
- Thorsten John
- Piet Conradie
- Heide John, Treasurer