When: 11. & 12. April, 19:00 – 21:00 h
Where: IBC Berlin (Rothenburgstrasse 12a, 12165 Berlin-Steglitz)
Who: All disciple-makers (church leaders, members, etc.)
Cost: 20 Euros (for materials including: discipler’s guide, spiritual journal, Call to Joy, and Call to Growth)
What: Disciple Making Workshop
Most of us are familiar with the term discipleship. “Operation Multiplication’s” ministry focuses on two more descriptive terms, disciple-making and Christian mentoring. What sets these two terms, discipleship and disciple-making apart?
· Discipleship typically describes traditional Christian education in general
· Disciple-making describes effective Christian follow up by establishing a one-to-one Christian mentoring process at your church.
An introduction to “Operation Multiplication’s” Christian mentoring process: A group of more mature believers are selected and trained to become certified disciple-makers. When a new Christian or new member joins your church, they are offered a friendship with one of these trained disciple-makers. They meet one-to-one once per week, usually for coffee, breakfast, lunch, or dinner for about 1 ½ hours and learn to develop spiritual growth skills. The goal is for each new Christian to establish a friendship – become a self-feeder from the Word of God – grow spiritually – and then share their faith with others resulting in spiritual multiplication!
On Thursday and Friday 11-12 April, IBC Berlin will host Mark Wagner and Willi Daiker of Operation Mobilization Germany who will introduce us to the Operation Multiplication Christian mentoring process. Here’s what you can expect:
- An inspirational message on disciple-making
- An introduction to the Operation Mobilization disciple-making process
- An overview of the use of Operation Mobilization follow up and disciple-making materials
For more information contact admin(at)ibcberlin(dot)org or visit the Operation Mobilization website at www.ieaom.org.