… if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
God has called us to be on mission with him to seek and to save the lost and to make disciples. The foundation of our obedience is nothing less than a passionate, authentic love for God himself. The way we encounter God’s power and provision for doing what he asks us to do is by experiencing his presence. Only when we enter his presence for the purpose of enjoying him will we be empowered to do what he has called us to do. Only when we engage him in an authentic love relationship will his work be accomplished.
We believe God has called us to do great things for his kingdom during this year: call a 2nd pastor (part time), start a 2nd service, grow and give to the point that we can support the 2nd pastor full time, send four teams on international mission projects, and more. We can NOT accomplish this apart from God’s miraculous intervention … God’s personal presence.
That’s why I am calling our church family to a time of prayer asking God to renew us personally and to revive us corporately. The prayer requests below are a great place for you to begin your praying as individuals, families, small groups, ministry teams, and a church.
Join me and the rest of IBCB as we together humble ourselves before the Lord in prayer seeking his face. Be prepared to return to the Lord through repentance and recommittment. Let God have his way in your life through surrender and sacrifice. Then watch what God does … what only he can do!
- Pray for your church leadership to seek God with their whole hearts. See Acts 6:4
- Pray for a spirit of repentance to fall on individuals and the congregation at large. See Acts 5:11
- Pray for a spirit of forgiveness to permeate the members so that those who may be at odds will be reconciled. See Matt. 6:14-15
- Pray for families within the church to draw close to Jesus and to each other. See Eph. 3:14-21
- Pray for a spirit of humility to replace any pride that has arisen. See Gal. 5:22-25
- Pray for kingdom purposes to be accomplished within your life and through the congregation. See Matt. 6:33
- Pray for a natural turning back to Jesus as the head of the church in all decisions. See Eph. 4:15-16
- Pray for a spirit of surrender to our Father’s will, following the example of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. See Luke 22:42.
- Pray for lost people to be saved. See 1 Tim 2:1-5