“He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Eph. 2:10
From the very beginning God has had a plan for you, a plan that involves YOU being involved in his Kingdom work! The good things God planned for you to DO is determined by the person God has made you to BE. Your God-given SHAPE determines your God-given ministry.
The “S” in SHAPE is your SPIRITUAL GIFT.
A is a special ability, given by the Holy Spirit to every believer at their conversion, to be used to minister to others and therefore build up the Body of Christ. At least three things happen when you serve using your spiritual gift:
- You help others: God works through your gift to bless others.
- You grow spiritually: Serving others helps you become more like Jesus.
- You get joy: The Spirit fills you for service and it brings you joy.
IBCB Family House Rules: “Each family member…one ministry!
I don’t know how it is around your house, but every member of the family shares in the responsibilities of the household. Each family member has a role and a task assigned to them that contributes to our life together as a family. The same is true in our IBCB family. Each and every family member — if you are no longer a “guest” … you make IBCB your church home … then YOU’RE a family member — has an obligation to share in the responsibilities of our household.
What is YOUR Sunday responsibility? How are YOU using your spiritual gift?
Look through the following list of ministry opportunities and prayerfully consider which one you will try out between now and Christmas. Let me know and I’ll be happy to connect you with the team leader and get you the training to do your part in the IBCB family.
Current Ministry Opportunities
- Children Ministry Team (Teachers)
- Worship Hosts Team (Hosts)
- Fellowship Team (SetUp/TearDown)
- Tech Team (Sound Tech)
- Beamer Team (Video Tech)
- Drama Team (Leader and Actors)
- Promotion Team (Writers/Photographers)
- Events Team (Organizers)
- Small Group Hosts (Hosts)
- Disciple Life Academy (Instructors)