Pray for these missions partners. IBCB gives 28% of our annual budget to missions with a focus on indigenous, church-planting ministries.
Pastor Frank Godberg (Kolar Gold Fields, India)
IBCB supports the missions ministry of Pastor Frank Godberg as he serves the Bethel Mission Church. The church has a significant outreach ministry to widows, children, and the poor. In 2008, a short-term missions team was sent by IBCB to assist Pastor Frank and to learn about his ministry.
Pastor Harold Holdbrook (Accra, Ghana)
IBCB supports the missions ministry of Pastor Harold Holdbrook as he leads the Harris Chapel Baptist Church and teaches in the Ghana Baptist Theological Institute. One of his church’s significant ministries is their Christian school. In 2010, a short-term missions team was sent by IBCB to assist Pastor Harold and to learn about his ministry.
Church Planting and Indigenous Missionary Project (IMP)
IBCB believes that the church is God’s primary means of accomplishing his purpose in people’s lives and in his world. Therefore, we emphasize planting and growing healthy reproducing churches. We believe that the most effective means of reaching people is through indigenous ministers. Therefore, we support the European Baptist Federation’s church planting Indigenous Missionary Project by sponsoring church planters in Slovakia, Israel, and Iraq.
To find out more about our partnership with the EBF, the IMP, and the church planters we support click on the links below:
European Baptist Federation, http://www.ebf.org/
Indigenous Missionary Project, http://www.ebf.org/imp/
Our Missions Vision is a “glo-cal” vision of making a strategic impact for God’s Kingdom purpose globally and locally through prayer, participation, and partnership. (Our Missions Vision) In addition to the missions partnerships mentioned above here are our other partners:
- Turkish Outreach Ministry
- Berliner Stadtmission
- Gemeinsame Berlin
- Messianic Ministries Europe
- European Baptist Missions — Africa and Latin America
- International Baptist Convention
- Nordic-Baltic LEAD Team Church Planting
- Incarnational (John 1:14)
- Church-based (Ephesian 4:15-16)
- Evangelistic (Romans 1:16)
- Holistic (Matthew 25:40)
- Strategic (Matthew 24:14)
- Glocal (Acts 1:8)—local and global
- Messianic (Rom. 1:16)—“Jew first”
- 10-40 Window (Rom. 10:14) —97% of world’s unreached people groups
- THUMB (Rom. 10:15)—Tribes, Hindus, China, Muslims, Buddhists
- Indigenous (1 Cor. 9:22)–ethnic people taking the gospel to their own people
- Multiplying Churches (Luke 14:23)—participating in a church planting movement
What Is the “10-40 Window”?
The 10-40 Window is the rectangular area of North Africa, the Middle East and Asia approximately between 10 degrees north and 40 degrees north latitude. The 10-40 Window is often called “The Resistant Belt” and includes the majority of the world’s Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. Think T.H.U.M.B. when you hear 10-40 Window: Tribes (or unreached people groups), Hindus, China (okay…a “C” turned on its side “U”!), Muslims, and Buddhists! For more information click on the image to the left and find out more from the “Joshua Project” website.