… if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
God has called us to be on mission with him to seek and to save the lost and to make disciples. The foundation of our obedience is nothing less than a passionate, authentic love for God himself. The way we encounter God’s power and provision for doing what he asks us to do is by experiencing his presence. Only when we enter his presence for the purpose of enjoying him will we be empowered to do what he has called us to do. Only when we engage him in an authentic love relationship will his work be accomplished.
We believe God has called us to do great things for his kingdom during this year: call a 2nd pastor (part time), start a 2nd service, grow and give to the point that we can support the 2nd pastor full time, send four teams on international mission projects, and more. We can NOT accomplish this apart from God’s miraculous intervention … God’s personal presence.
That’s why I am calling our church family to a time of prayer asking God to renew us personally and to revive us corporately. The prayer requests below are a great place for you to begin your praying as individuals, families, small groups, ministry teams, and a church.
Join me and the rest of IBCB as we together humble ourselves before the Lord in prayer seeking his face. Be prepared to return to the Lord through repentance and recommittment. Let God have his way in your life through surrender and sacrifice. Then watch what God does … what only he can do!
- Pray for your church leadership to seek God with their whole hearts. See Acts 6:4
- Pray for a spirit of repentance to fall on individuals and the congregation at large. See Acts 5:11
- Pray for a spirit of forgiveness to permeate the members so that those who may be at odds will be reconciled. See Matt. 6:14-15
- Pray for families within the church to draw close to Jesus and to each other. See Eph. 3:14-21
- Pray for a spirit of humility to replace any pride that has arisen. See Gal. 5:22-25
- Pray for kingdom purposes to be accomplished within your life and through the congregation. See Matt. 6:33
- Pray for a natural turning back to Jesus as the head of the church in all decisions. See Eph. 4:15-16
- Pray for a spirit of surrender to our Father’s will, following the example of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. See Luke 22:42.
- Pray for lost people to be saved. See 1 Tim 2:1-5
Again… It’s Serve the City time!
We would be delighted to see you on our next Serve the City day at 22th March from 1pm to 7pm! We have prepared some terrific project for you!
Please register soon!
Project 1: Kitchen aid! Cutting,chopping, snipping: For the homeless shelter of the Berliner Stadtmission we want to support the cook Robert by cutting, chopping, snippin all that is needed for the soup in the evening. So we need so people who are not afraid of knives nor vegetables 🙂 This will be our last time at the Stadtmission as it is closed from April till Oktober. The next project there will be in November!
Project 2: Collecting Food Donations: We want to support the Berlin Stadtmission. From November till March they have a “Winter Watch” for homeless people. We want to go to a grocerie shop (KAISERS) and want to encourage customers to give small donations e.g. pack of flour etc. We will deliver the donation to the Stadtmission in the evening (http://www.berliner-stadtmission.de/wie-sie-helfen/aktuelle-spendenprojekte/kaeltehilfe). This will be our last time at the Stadtmission as it is closed from April till Oktober. The next project there will be in November!
Project 3: Fresh air, nature and some gardening: In the garden of the Siloah residence there is always plenty to do- especially in spring time. Siloah is a facility for handicapped people- young and old. STC has been there for a couple of times and we have good relationships with the gardeners. We will help weeding,raking and make the garden ready for spring!
Project 4: Feel like at home at Café Treffpunkt! We want to create a special afternoon for the visitors of the Café Treffpunkt.
Project 5: Everything becomes new at Memi-Treff! We need handy people who know how to hold a brush because in this 12 storie building we will help to create a new living atmosphere and make everything look new!
Evening-Projekt 6: Soupkitchen: Those of you who want to have a closer contact to people without a home can register here. In the evening we will help at the soup kitchen to serve food to 160-200 people. This will be our last time at the Stadtmission as it is closed from April till Oktober. The next project there will be in November!
Additionally: For the soup kitchen we want to donate self-made cakes, which will be delivered in the evening. Please let us know, if you want to bring a cake!
As usually you can register on our website:http://www.servethecity-berlin.de/projekte/m%C3%A4rz-2014/ or through replying to this e-mail!
We are looking forward seeing you!
The Serve the City Berlin Team
Jesus said, „Come with Me, and I will make you fishers of men.“ As His followers, each and everyone of us has the God-given responsibility of sharing the gospel. For 2014, here are opportunities to learn and practice how to live missionally.
Jelka in Slovakia (05 – 09 June)
- supporting IBCB‘s IMP church planter, Oto Sipos, in their Football Tournament and Family Fun Day outreach event.
Hungary in Versend, Sarods, & Seregelyes( 26 June – 05 July) & in Puspokladany (3 – 12 July)
- working through a local church in a local school teaching German to children using a Bible-based curriculum. The project is co-sponsored by Hungarian Baptists and International Commission.
Hungary 2014 Invitation
Jerusalem (30 June to 09 July)
- participating with IBCB’s IMP church-planter, Rajai Samawi, in his annual Back2Jerusalem evangelism project – street evangelism, literature distribution, and social service projects. See www.back2jerusalem.org for more information.
Moldova (in the Fall – date to be determined)
- evangelistic and social outreach coordinated by the Moldova Baptist Union and the International Baptist Convention (IBC).
If you would like to know more about these mission trips and how to get involved, come to the „Equipping for Missions“ Fellowship on the 2nd of March, immediately after the worship service.
the world … where we work and play. Each and everyone of us has the God-given responsibility of sharing the gospel with family members, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. If we want to know God by experience, then we will have to learn to lovingly obey him by sharing our faith with the non-believers in our circles of influence.