Reading the whole of Exodus on your own.
Our sermon series takes in some of the major milestones of the book, but we’ll be able to appreciate them more if we know where they come in the flow of the story as a whole. That’s why we’re committing to reading through the whole of Exodus during the next six weeks.
Below you’ll find a suggested six-week reading guide with a reading six days a week. (Some are a bit long so use the seventh day to catch up!) Read through each portion slowly. Pause on a few sections as you read them and ask the following questions:
- What does this passage say about who God is?
- What does this passage say about how God works?
- What does this passage tell us about what God does for his people?
- What are the implications of this passage for us as God’s people?
- What might we want to pray as a result of reading this passage?
- What insights does it offer for our everyday lives?