CALL TO ACTION: Download “31 Days of Prayer” App and Pray
It’s 2020! Can you believe it?
This time of the year puts people in a reflective mood. At least it does for me. This week I spent a bit of time looking back on the last twelve months. There were some tough times, but there were a lot of good times. Here are just a few of my personal memories:
- Laurie left the classroom after 30 years of teaching. We’re enjoying more time with each other sharing life and ministry together.
- Laurie and I vacationed with friends in Scotland exploring the beauty of that country while chasing down some of Laurie’s family heritage.
- Our daughter, Katie, and her husband, Paul, moved back to Berlin after working in China for the past couple of years. We’re happy to have them in town.
I have wonderful memories of our experience together as a church family, too. All in all, it was a great year at IBCB. Here are a few things God did this past year:
- Our Teen Ministry has matured and grown. We have two teenage groups that meet on Sundays and the ministry has started a new small group for the “Older Teens” [18-21].
- Our Kids Ministry coordinated our first VBS in over a decade. The team mobilized our church to serve a great group of kids as we celebrated the good news of the gospel through our Athens themed lessons.
- Our Marriage Ministry hosted another “The Significant Marriage” seminar with five multi-cultural couples and has plans for organizing two seminars in 2020.
- Through your Missions Offering, we supported another two church starts among the world’s most unreached people in Baghdad, Iraq and Maghar, Israel. [We continue to be a generous church by giving away 16% of our receipts to further God’s Kingdom cause through our partners.]
- We began our ReFresh 2020 process that will help us “refresh” our vision of God’s purpose and call on our life together as a church.
We have lots to be grateful for as we look back on 2019, but we also have lots to look forward to in 2020, especially as we continue our ReFresh process. God has a big dream for our church and we want to hear from him. That’s why we’re beginning the year with our “31 Days of Prayer” and Fasting. Here’s how you can join in:
- Pray Daily: Download the “Pray for Your Church” app here: https://31dayprayerchallenge.org, or download the Kindle file here: PrayForYourChurch and pray daily for our church.
- Pray Weekly: Join our prayer team as we gather every Friday night in January at our church facility to ask God to refocus our attention, renew our passion, and refresh our vision.
When I’m looking back on 2020 this time next year, I’m confident that we will be able to celebrate another year of all that God has done. He is faithful, and we, too, will be faithful to God’s presence and his purpose through our church.
God’s blessings on you and IBCB for this year,
Scott Corwin, Pastor
P.S. I’d love to hear your story. How did God grow you this past year? How did your life @ IBCB make a difference in your life? Hit reply and let me hear from you.