Think about it: how often did Jesus use stories when preaching, teaching, and responding? Very often! Why? Well…
Telling stories is one of the most powerful means to influence, teach, and inspire. Telling our stories – as individuals and as a community — forges connections among people, and between people and ideas. Stories convey our values, shape our culture, and unite us.
That’s why @ IBCB we’re asking: “What’s your story?” We want to hear your story of how God is at work in and through your life, your relationships, your family, your small group, your ministry, and your mission. Your story will help us celebrate what God is doing and encourage the rest of us on our shared journey of following Jesus in our community of faith.
Currently, I’m looking for IBC Berlin stories about our recent Pray First! and BLESS campaigns. Here’s what it should look like:
- A 2-3 minute story of how Pray First! or BLESS has changed you.
- How is Pray First! changing your experience of being with Jesus? What prayer experiences have you enjoyed personally, with your small group, or in our IBCB prayer ministry? How are you practicing the presence of God? How are you nurturing your time alone with Jesus? What habits, spiritual disciplines, or practices are helping your private devotional life?
- How is BLESS changing the way you think about evangelism? How do you “begin with prayer”? For whom are you praying daily? How is God opening your eyes to the needs of the people around you? Have you had opportunities to serve them? Have you been able to listen to their story? Share your story?
- Record yourself on your phone (hold it horizontally, please) and tell your story. Keep it simple and focus on what God is doing to change you.
- Send the video to me via WhatsApp (see my mobile number below) and we’ll edit it to share in worship or get your permission to share it on social media.
Got a different story? Share it with us? Got questions? Let us know.